Joanna Brown competed in her first triathlon at age 14 and a year later won the Valleyfield Eastern Canadian Championships. After making her international debut in 2009, Brown made herself known to the triathlon world with her bronze medal in the ITU World Junior Championship at the 2010 Grand Final. It was after that podium performance that she knew she wanted to represent Canada at the Olympic Games. Brown joined the national team in 2011 and made her ITU World Cup debut that season.
She had another great year in 2012 when she made her debut on the ITU World Triathlon Series, reached the podium in four Pan American Cup races, including one victory, and won a bronze medal at the ITU World U23 Championships, held at the Grand Final. In 2014 Brown achieved her best WTS result with her 17th place finish in Auckland. She also finished 2nd at the Canadian championships.
Joanna has had a successful career with many highlights, including most recently, 2017 that brought her a gold medal at the Ottawa CAMTRI Sprint Triathlon Premium American Cup and another gold in the Mixed Relay American Championships.
- 5th place at the 2017 Rotterdam World Triathlon Series Grand Final;
- Winner of the 2017 Ottawa CAMTRI Sprint Triathlon Premium American Cup;
- 3rd place at the 2017 Cagliari ITU Triathlon World Cup;
- 2nd place at the 2017 New Plymouth ITU Triathlon World Cup;
- 4th place at the 2017 ITU World Triathlon Stockholm;
- 4th place at the 2017 ITU World Triathlon Montréal;
- 7th place at the 2017 ITU World Triathlon Edmonton;
- 35th place at the 2017 ITU World Triathlon Hamburg; and
- 22nd place at the 2017 ITU World Triathlon Gold Coast.
22017 Huelva ITU Triathlon World Cup 23 Sep, 2017 - Elite Women - 02:01:50
52017 ITU World Triathlon Grand Final Rotterdam 14 Sep, 2017 - Elite Women - 02:01:47
42017 ITU World Triathlon Stockholm 26 Aug, 2017 - Elite Women - 02:03:04
42017 ITU World Triathlon Montréal 05 Aug, 2017 - Elite Women - 02:00:23
72017 ITU World Triathlon Edmonton 28 Jul, 2017 - Elite Women - 01:02:20