Jorgensen attended the University of Wisconsin-Madison, where she swam and ran for the Badgers. She earned a master’s degree in accounting, passed the CPA exam, and worked for Ernst & Young in Milwaukee as a tax accountant. Soon after graduating and beginning her new job, USA Triathlon, who was pursuing former college swimmers and runners, encouraged Jorgensen to enter the sport of triathlon. In 2010, she was selected as USA Triathlon’s Rookie of the year following her silver medal at the World University Triathlon Championships in Spain.
At the 2011 World Championship Series in London, Jorgensen placed 2nd which earned her a spot on the 2012 US Olympic triathlon team. In the London Olympics she suffered a flat tire on the bike portion of the race and would finish in 38th place.
There are so many statistics for Gwen that could be mentioned, but here are just a few highlights which help put her exceptional performances into context:
• Unbeaten in seven WTS starts in 2015.
• Recorded the fastest run split in all seven of those races.
• The first woman to win the ITU World Triathlon Grand Final twice since its introduction in 2009.
• The first U.S. athlete, male or female, to defend the ITU World Triathlon Championship title.
• Joins Karen Smyers, (1990 and 1995), as the only U.S. athlete to be crowned ITU World Triathlon Champion on two occasions.
• The most career World Triathlon Series wins (15).
• The most career World Triathlon Series podium finishes (18), achieved from 31 starts.
• Only the fourth woman (joining Michellie Jones, Emma Snowsill and Emma Moffatt), to win back-to-back ITU World Championship titles.
With the Rio 2016 Olympic Games less than one year away, Gwen Jorgensen will surely start next year as the clear favourite to add Olympic Gold to her two World Championship titles.
Athlete’s Family: Parents Nancy and Joel Jorgensen. Older sister Elizabeth. Husband Patrick Lemieux
Athlete Resides: St Paul, MN USA, Wollongong, NSW Australia, and Vitoria (Basque Region) Spain
Athlete Training Group: Wollongong Wizards
22016 ITU World Triathlon Grand Final Cozumel 11 Sep, 2016 - Elite Women - 01:59:16
12016 Rio de Janeiro Olympic Games 18 Aug, 2016 - Elite Women - 01:56:16
32016 ITU World Triathlon Hamburg 16 Jul, 2016 - Elite Women - 00:57:29
12016 ITU World Triathlon Leeds 11 Jun, 2016 - Elite Women - 02:00:33
12016 ITU World Triathlon Yokohama 14 May, 2016 - Elite Women - 01:56:02
Outcome based goals are just wishes-wishes and hopes with no plan. When setting goals make sure they are process based.
Staying active is key during pregnancy although for me it's less about the weight and more about my sanity and heal… twitter.com/i/web/status/8…