Currently ranked number 5 in the World Triathlon Series 2017, Kristian trains up to eight hours a day, swimming up to 45 km, cycling about 400 km and running up to 120 km per week.
Kristian is a track runner and represented the clubs Fana IL and TIF Viking and competed in the junior race at the 2011 European Cross Country Championships. In the triathlon he won a bronze medal at the 2015 European Championships and placed 13th at the 2016 Olympics.
2017 has brought about a number of podium placements including securing the silver medal at the 2017 ITU World Triathlon Montréal.
- Silver medal at the 2017 Rotterdam World Triathlon Series Grand Final;
- 2nd place at the 2017 ITU World Triathlon Montréal;
- 8th place at the 2017 ITU World Triathlon Edmonton;
- 9th place at the 2017 ITU World Triathlon Hamburg;
- 3rd at the 2017 ITU World Triathlon Yokohama;
- 6th place at the 2017 ITU World Triathlon Leeds; and
- 15th place at the 2017 Madrid ITU Triathlon World Cup.
22017 ITU World Triathlon Grand Final Rotterdam 14 Sep, 2017 - Elite Men - 01:51:28
22017 ITU World Triathlon Stockholm 26 Aug, 2017 - Elite Men - 01:49:28
22017 ITU World Triathlon Montréal 05 Aug, 2017 - Elite Men - 01:48:05
82017 ITU World Triathlon Edmonton 28 Jul, 2017 - Elite Men - 00:55:31
92017 ITU World Triathlon Hamburg 15 Jul, 2017 - Elite Men - 00:54:39