Joao Pereira from Portugal, born in 1987, started participating in Triathlon in 2008 and immediately revealed great ability for the sport. In 2009 on the Gold Coast, he reached the podium for the 1st time getting a bronze in the Under 23 championship.
In 2014, he confirmed his skills entering to the Gold Group and performed an excellent season, managing to stay in 5th place of Olympic and World rankings, and was considered by the ITU as “Breakout of the Season”.
In 2016, Joao represented Portugal and secured 5th place at the Rio de Janeiro Olympic Games and in 2017, Joao won two gold medals at Düsseldorf ETU Sprint Triathlon European Championships and Kitzbühel ETU Triathlon European Championships.
- 8th place at the 2017 Rotterdam World Triathlon Series Grand Final;
- Winner of the 2017 Düsseldorf ETU Sprint Triathlon European Championships;
- Winner of the 2017 Kitzbühel ETU Triathlon European Championships;
- 6th place at the 2017 ITU World Triathlon Abu Dhabi;
- 10th place at the 2017 ITU World Triathlon Hamburg;
- 5th place at the 2016 Rio de Janeiro Olympic Games.
32018 Salinas ITU Triathlon World Cup 21 Oct, 2018 - Elite Men - 00:52:24
32018 Sarasota-Bradenton ITU Triathlon World Cup 13 Oct, 2018 - Elite Men - 00:48:25
252018 ITU World Triathlon Grand Final Gold Coast 12 Sep, 2018 - Elite Men - 01:47:25
72018 ITU World Triathlon Montreal 25 Aug, 2018 - Elite Men - 01:49:25
402018 ITU World Triathlon Edmonton 27 Jul, 2018 - Elite Men - 00:55:22
Watch me race in Mallorca! Tomorrow Triple Mix 🏊🏻♂️🚴🏻♂️🏃🏻♂️ ➡️ 🏃🏻♂️🚴🏻♂️🏊🏻♂️ ➡️ 🚴🏻♂️🏊🏻♂️🏃🏻♂️ on superleague… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…