Alois Knabl is from Austria and first took up triathlon in 2000 as he was very athletic child and enjoyed lots of different sports, therefore his father encouraged him to participate in triathlon. Alois comes from an athletic family background, who has had the most influence on his sporting career as well as his coach, Peter Kriegelsteiner.
Competing in his first ITU race in 2008 proved fruitful by winning gold at the 2008 Gaishorn am See ETU Winter Triathlon European Championships. He has since go on to race in over 76 ITU competitions. Alois’ regular training week consists of around eight hours swimming, 10 hours biking, and five hours running. He said that his favorite ITU race is Kitzbuhel “because it’s close to where I live and organised perfectly” and that his triathlon goal is “to get faster”.
- 17th place at the 2017 Sarasota ITU Triathlon World Cup;
- 20th place at the 2017 ITU World Triathlon Grand Final Rotterdam;
- 19th place at the 2017 ITU World Triathlon Stockholm;
- 27th place at the 2017 ITU World Triathlon Hamburg;
- 16th place at the 2017 Kitzbühel ETU Triathlon European Championships;
- 21st place at the 2017 ITU World Triathlon Yokohama; and
- 15th place at the 2017 ITU World Triathlon Abu Dhabi.
102019 ITU World Triathlon Grand Final Lausanne 29 Aug, 2019 - Elite Men - 01:52:53
122019 Tokyo ITU World Triathlon Olympic Qualification Event 15 Aug, 2019 - Elite Men - 01:51:23
232019 Hamburg Wasser World Triathlon 06 Jul, 2019 - Elite Men - 00:56:07
282019 AJ Bell World Triathlon Leeds 08 Jun, 2019 - Elite Men - 01:47:51
132019 ITU World Triathlon Yokohama 18 May, 2019 - Elite Men - 01:44:36