Pierre Le Corre hails from from Vannes in the west of France, where he took up swimming at the age of six before moving to Philadelphia, USA, in 2006. There, he discovered the joys of running and, without abandoning his beloved swimming, decided to take up triathlon.
Launching himself onto the global scene with the U23 World Championship title in 2013, the following year he landed the French national title, a feat he would repeat in 2015 as well as a top-10 world ranking.
In 2016, Le Corre made his Olympic debut at Rio 2016, finishing 25th with a time of 1:48:36 and earned his first World Series podium at WTS Stockholm, a feat he would go on to repeat in 2017 alongside top 10 finishes in WTS Leeds, WTS Montreal, WTS Edmonton and the Grand Final Rotterdam.
After mixed fortunes in 2018, the year ended on a high thanks to a superb gold in the European Championships in Glasgow and fourth place in the Grand Final Gold Coast, helping Le Corre secure a career-best 8th place in the overall rankings.
- 1st place 2018 European Championships Glasgow
- 4th place 2018 ITU Grand Final Gold Coast
- 7th place 2017 Rotterdam World Triathlon Series Grand Final
- 2nd place 2017 Düsseldorf ETU Sprint Triathlon European Championships
- 3rd place 2017 ITU World Triathlon Stockholm
- 8th place 2017 ITU World Triathlon Leeds
- 9th place 2017 ITU World Triathlon Montreal
- 7th place at the 2017 ITU World Triathlon Edmonton
42018 ITU World Triathlon Grand Final Gold Coast 12 Sep, 2018 - Elite Men - 01:45:01
12018 Glasgow ETU Triathlon European Championships 09 Aug, 2018 - Elite Men - 01:47:17
202018 ITU World Triathlon Hamburg 14 Jul, 2018 - Elite Men - 00:54:11
42018 ITU World Triathlon Leeds 10 Jun, 2018 - Elite Men - 01:46:27
132018 ITU World Triathlon Yokohama 12 May, 2018 - Elite Men - 01:46:41