Australian born athlete, Sally Pilbeam, lost her right arm due to cancer in 2002 and rides a modified bike in the ITU cycling races. The two-time winner of the ITU World Triathlon Grand Final, has been a huge success, having topped the podium in 2014 in Alberta, Canada, and 2015 in Chicago, USA.
Sally first competed in the Australian Championships in 2013 and a year later won the Oceania Triathlon Union Para Triathlon Oceania Championships, a title she retained in 2015, 2016 and 2017.
At the 2016 World Championships in Rotterdam, the Netherlands, she finished with silver behind France’s Manon Genest and another silver medal the following year.
- 2nd place at the 2017 ITU World Triathlon Grand Final Rotterdam;
- 2nd place at the 2017 Edmonton ITU World Paratriathlon Series;
- 2nd place at the 2017 Yokohama ITU World Paratriathlon Series;
- Winner of the 2017 Gold Coast ITU World Paratriathlon Series; and
- 2nd place at the 2016 Rotterdam ITU Paratriathlon World Championships.
12020 Newcastle OTU Paratriathlon Oceania Championships 26 Jan, 2020 - PTS4 Women - 01:22:37
22019 Banyoles ITU Paratriathlon World Cup 08 Sep, 2019 - PTS4 Women - 01:21:30
42019 ITU World Triathlon Grand Final Lausanne 29 Aug, 2019 - PTS4 Women - 01:29:27
42019 Groupe Copley World Paratriathlon Series Montreal 28 Jun, 2019 - PTS4 Women - 01:19:34
32019 Milan ITU World Paratriathlon Series 27 Apr, 2019 - PTS4 Women - 01:17:56