At the end of the 2016 season, at the age of 25, the USA’s Taylor Spivey earned herself a place inside the WTS top 50 for the first time. In 2017, the fearless cyclist secured World Cup (Madrid) and WTS (Leeds) silver medals, eventually finishing in 12th position in the rankings and becoming a key part of a formidable Team USA.
In 2018, Spivey finally found the golden formula, winning the Weihai World Cup after producing a brilliant swim, bike and run to take the tape ahead of Annamaria Mazzetti. That came towards the end of a season of remarkably consistent racing at the top level, which saw her earn no fewer than six top 10 WTS finishes and rank 8th in the overall leaderboard.
- Winner 2018 Weihai World Cup
- Second place 2018 Cagliari World Cup
- 7th place 2018 World Triathlon Leeds
- 7th place 2018 World Triathlon Montreal
- 7th place 2018 World Triathlon Grand Final Gold Coast
- 2nd place 2017 ITU World Triathlon Leeds
- 2nd place 2017 Madrid ITU Triathlon World Cup
42019 AJ Bell World Triathlon Leeds 08 Jun, 2019 - Elite Women - 01:57:38
32019 ITU World Triathlon Yokohama 18 May, 2019 - Elite Women - 01:53:29
62019 MS Amlin World Triathlon Bermuda 27 Apr, 2019 - Elite Women - 02:02:40
22019 Daman World Triathlon Abu Dhabi 08 Mar, 2019 - Elite Women - 00:55:57
72018 Sarasota-Bradenton ITU Triathlon World Cup 13 Oct, 2018 - Elite Women - 00:54:45
The crowds were brilliant! Thanks for cheering us on. twitter.com/kmansell1/stat…